|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 13:||Line 13:|
|* A tar ball of latex source can be found here <<AttachGetFile(idr-template.tar.gz,here)>>.||* A tar ball of latex source can be found <<AttachGetFile(idr-template.tar.gz,here)>>.|
|Line 16:||Line 16:|
|The following schedule is proposed by the Steering Group and will be confirmed at the IDS_NF plenary meeting in September 2010:||The following schedule is proposed by the Steering Group and will be confirmed at the 6th IDS-NF plenary meeting in September 2010:|
Interim Design Report: Document Preparation Page
The 'specifications' for the report, discussed at the 5th IDS-NF Plenary meeting and agreed within the Steering Group are:
- Self-contained, consistent summary of the physics case for the Neutrino Factory and a concise explanation of the baseline for the accelerator complex and neutrino detectors. The IDR should be supported where appropriate by detailed technical reports published as IDS-NF (EUROnu) notes. Of course, it may be appropriate to publish some of these reports as papers in their own right. The IDR should include an extended bibliography of the associated technical reports;
- Alternatives to the baseline, limited in number, will be described briefly in the IDR. Additional details should be provided in an Appendix to the report or a separate IDS-NF note/publication;
- The costing for the IDR will be presented in an Appendix with a summary of the results of the costing being contained in the main report.
Template of the Report
Key dates and writing workshops
The following schedule is proposed by the Steering Group and will be confirmed at the 6th IDS-NF plenary meeting in September 2010:
- 30Oct10: Deadline for first drafts of principal sections to conveners;
- 30Nov10: Sections from conveners to IDR editor (KL);
Writing workshops, concentrated working sessions aimed at completing the IDR have been pencilled in as follows:
- 06-10Dec10: IDR 'writing workshop' #1
- 06-10Jan11: IDR 'writing workshop' #2
Note that the detailed organisation of the writing workshops is yet to be worked out. It is likely that a nucleus of editors (the section editors, i.e. the working-group conveners) will need to meet in a location to be agreed. Teleconferencing may be appropriate to allow others to contribute to the editing process without the need to travel.
Plenary discussion of IDR
It is proposed that a detailed, plenary discussion of the IDR will be held in the IDS-NF sessions of the next EUROnu annual meeting which will take place at RAL in the period 18--21 January 2011. This would be the meeting at which the IDR will be finalised.